Organized by the University of Cantabria as member of the SUCCESS project, and the Menéndez Pelayo International University (UIMP), the Santander's workshop aims to disseminate SUCCESS project results and to set up dialog between Blue growth's stakeholders.
Who attend the workshop ?
Representatives of institutions highly involved in Blue Growth, such as Ministerio de Agricultura y Pesca, Alimentación y Medio Ambiente (MAPAMA), Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands (PLOCAN), Coastal Ocean Observing and Forecasting System (SOCIB), IDES-UC, National Association of Sea and Fish Canned Food Producers (ANFACO-CECOPESCA), Xunta de Galicia, MSC, Grupo Consorcio, Thünen Institut, EU- DG MARE, AND International, Cantabria Confederation of Cofradías and Office of Food Quality of Cantabria (ODECA) attended the event.
The conferences, discussion panels, and the continuous dialogue between the attendants have given rise to remarkable conclusions , available in the following communication:
The topic of these outcomes are focussing on:
- Policy for Blue growth strategy
- Knowledge spaces in the Blue Gorwth
- New technologies applied to the fishing activities funding
- The impact of certifications and quality labels
- Perspectives for organic aquaculture
- Restrictions that limit the development of the market of organic production
- Recommendations to promote the development of organic aquaculture
- Social responsibility of the Spanish canning sector
- Proposal regarding environmental and socioeconomic sustainability in the European
fishery and canning industry
Two articles dealing with the event has been published on the Mipeces website, a spanish webplateform on aquaculture :